View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:52 AM
natalieg

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank your son for us for serving! My boy (Navy Seabee) gets to spend this Christmas on US soil (without having to go back overseas right away) for the first time in four years! He is staying at the bas in MS with his fiancee! My other two children live local and will be out here with their father today to celebrate. Two step-children are visiting with their mother for the Holidays. I would love to sit and sew all day today.....

Originally Posted by katyquilter
First, Merry Christmas to all on this board. I joined in June and have so many ideas running around in my head, I know I'll never get them all done or even remember all of them. I have three grown children and have visited two of them already and the third is a Marine in South Carolina (thankfully still in the states) and have sent their gifts. So it is just me and the DH - who by the way, just left for work - hospitals - they never close. So I'm here alone today (hurrah for me) I work full time also but have today off. So I'm going to read this board for a while longer, then go downstairs to sew, sew, straighten up, sew some more, maybe plan another quilt, etc. A day to myself and no Christmas rush. This evening I'm taking food out of the freezer and my DH and I will open our gifts after supper. Some folks at work feel sorry for me that no one is coming to our house at Christmas. Me, I'm just very thankful for everything we have in our lives, we have our health, our jobs, three wonderful independent children and we have each other, lastly we both have wonderful hobbies to keep us sane. Now, I'm off to surfing for more wonderful patterns and then off I go to sew, sew, sew, and make my "to do" list for next year!!!