Old 12-24-2010, 10:42 AM
ncsewer

That is really good advice, we all need to be up to date on the tetnus shots. I never thought of that before. Thanks!
Originally Posted by crashnquilt
I've done that before. Really puts a cramp in things you want to do.

I happened to land my longarm needle into my finger once. Instead of lifting the needle I did like all insane people and jerked my hand back. Yep, ripped the finger BUT did not get one drop of blood on the quilt. YIPPEE!

Bandaged the finger and went back to work on the quilt. First Responder friend dropped by for coffee. Seeing the bandage work he wanted to see the injury. He got a bit upset because it was still bleeding and I had injuried it a few hours earlier. Dang it I don't have time to go to the hospital! But, I complied considering my husband went and took up with our friend. I'm not sure if the hospital just wasn't busy or if my friend told the ER doc that he'd better hurry up or I would escape but 1 tetnus shot and 8 stitches in 1 1/2 hours and I was back home!

I was told by the ER doc that since I work with needles, blades and the like I really need to pay attention to keep the tetnus shot up to date.