View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 AM
june6995

I just ran across your post. I have never heard of the group you mentioned and went to check it out. I make a lot of quilts for charity and have no problem finding places to donate them. The Fire Dept and Police Dept will take things for kids. They take Teddy bears and other stuffed animals.

Here in my area there is a group that takes supplies to disaster areas in the U.S. and around the world. http://www.m25m.org/ If your area has a children's hospital you can donate quilts to them. The Red Cross is another group .

I was given some designer fabrics that were all juvenile prints. Not having grand children, (at age 74) I was not sure what I was going to do with them, but they were given with the idea of helping with my charity project. Now I have decided this would be a good ministry. Living in a metropolitan area has offered me many outlets for donating quilts. Previously I was giving the large ones to the Battered Women's Shelter at the YWCA.

You can start your own project. If you have a Doll Makers group in your area, ask them to save their scraps for your poject. Use scraps and make the quilts in various sized you think a child might like. There does not need to be a specific size as size charts are not much help in this type of project. And yes, buy some of the juvenile prints when you see them on sale. If you love to sew and produce quilts from scraps or donations, you can begin a project that will never end. I was recently given several bags of scraps and I have been having a delightful time making small quilts.

GO FOR THE GOLD..........the GOLD RING of finding pleasure in doing for others. My Mother used to say "that is what we were put here on earth to do. Help others!"