Old 12-24-2010, 05:49 PM
drgranny

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Oh no! I am so sorry this happened. Years ago I had a cat that liked to use the dirty laundry basket as her litter box. The smell always washed out of clothes just fine. However, I could never get the smell out of the rug if she happened to use a pile of clothes that was on the floor instead of the basket. As soon as I invested in a covered laundry hamper the problem went away. No more inviting place to use. Anyway, I think by having your husband already pretreating the quilt when you finish it and launder it you should be just fine. To be on the safe side, I'd let the quilt soak for a bit in the washer before allowing it to run the full wash cycle. Before drying give it the ol' sniff test. I think you will be ok. So infuriating. At least it didn't leave a stain. Cat puke on the other hand.... still trying to figure out the magic concoction that will take those stains out.

I am wondering what possessed your kitty to do this in the first place? The car trip I can see, couldn't get to a litter box but this incident hints of another underlying problem. You may want to get her checked out at the vet just to be safe, unless of course she is a vindictive little thing and this is not out of the ordinary for her. In that case I think I would be looking into depends for a cat. ;)
I discovered that hydragin peroxide will sometimes work on cat barf if you pour it on before y ou treat it with anything else. It will also "almost" take out feces if it is treated immediately.