Old 12-24-2010, 06:53 PM
vschieve

I feed my cats Nature's Variety raw medallions and the smell went away completely. Nature intended for them to eat natural raw; most dry is full of fillers and carbs; don't see cats chasing bisquits across the fields do you? Their digestive systems were just not designed to eat most of the stuff out there. However, I just read an article in "Cat Fancy" about diets and it did say that if they are fed raw you have to make sure they get plenty of ground RAW bones in with the meats because they need the phosphurous to keep their kidneys and bladders from clogging up with crystals. So I bought a big jar of steamed bone meal and sprinkle it on their raw food. Use Primal brand and Nature's Variety for the raw food. What amazes me is that none of my cats like the poultry; favorites are venison and beef and salmon. Oh and rabbit too.

Originally Posted by kwhite
I have not read all 12 pages so forgive me if this is a repeat. I think I would baste it well with thread not pins and wash it with one or more of the suggestions here before going on with hand quilting.

Now to the cat. We had a male cat and his eliminations smelled horrible for years. he was also that cat the if you looked at him wrong he would puke on command. One day he got diareha. We took him to the vet and locked him in the bathroom while we gave him medicine after medicine for three months trying to get rid of the multitude of ailments the vet said he had. After three months and lots of money I got fed up with the vet changing his mind and had it out with him. We switched vets. The new vet said the cat had irritable bowel syndrome and to change his food to a natural food. We chose Natures Choice for sensitive stomachs. In one week the cat was fine and out of the bathroom. THe biggest bonus was no more smelly eliminations!!! Number one and two were practically odorless. He has since died of old age but we do the same with our two new cats and you would never know we had cats. High quality food is essential for odor free cats ownership.