Old 12-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Delores Meador

Hi Im Delores I live in Grants, NM I am a 3-4 generation quilter, I learned to quilt as a little girl under the quilts my grandmother and mother used to put on frames. I have all of the patterns they used to mark pieces of material. I love some of the beautiful patterns they used, and sometimes I run across a quilt my mother made for a friend, here in town and remember all the times we spent together. I love sewing and have followed my mothers shoes, just before she passed away, she started to take quilting classes and learned how to make pieced quilts, she only made 2 that I know of that way. She loved to cross stitch and I still have the last one that we did together. Her last few years she was working on a cross stitch and so because she was not able to do a whole lot of work on it, I helped her to finish the cross stitchin. I have never sewed it together, I would love to have it quilted by machine, but I want it speciallized, the only machine quilter in our area follows patterns. I would love to have a quilt machine, but know I won't ever be able to afford one.

I love to piece quilts together and to make them for my grandchildren. They all have baby quilts , and most of them have large bed quilts for there beds. The more I sew and do the more I learn and love.

Wish ever one who reads this a Merry Christmas this night and hope the new year brings all of you great joy and much happines, and more quilting time in you life.