Thread: Are you......
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Moonglow

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
After having to rush to finish two quilts for Christmas presents this week I definitely have to categorize myself as a novice quilter as I noticed tons of imperfections in my quilts that I wish I would have had time to correct. However, to nonquilters I suppose they are wonderful creations as those that have seen them keep complimenting them (they must have flown by on a galloping horse). Thankfully we all have different likes and dislikes as I keep seeing projects of others that are great inspirations to me and I see others that I can walk away from easily. Good thing I don't love everything as I'm already in the mode of too many patterns, too little time. I would never criticize anything that another person has created as I know only too well that each of us has our own step that is very difficult to us. To improve in our skills means we have to keep practicing and if we get too much criticism we tend to quit creating which means we don't get the practice to improve. I would never want to be a person to stop someone from being creative. Sew on my friends, sew on. Merry Christmas to all!!
Well said. Thankfully we are all different and none of us is perfect. Compliments of the season to you all.