View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 AM
jrhboxers

I had a Maine Coon that I adopted at 4 weeks and 4 days. Never wanted a Maine Coon, just couldn't leave her behind. I was raised with/showed Siamese. But she was MY girl. Her name was Kassandra - Kassi for Short - but usually Miss Priss. She would preen her tail for HOURS. And she actually LOVED being at the groomer. When we moved to Virginia, the new groomer wanted to drug her to groom her, and I asked that she try to start the groom without it and see how she does. She called me a little after I left her. She could not begin to tell me how great she was. AND she lowered her price - $75 to $35 - because she couldn't charge me that much for grooming such a wonderful girl. She said that she had NEVER seen or heard of a cat that loved to be groomed. When we moved to this area, I had the same conversation with the groomer at the vet. Karen tried without the drugs and was amazed. She was my beautiful baby girl.

Unfortunately, I lost her Thanksgiving 2008. She started coughing up black blood. She was home for Thanksgiving weekend, but admitted to the vet's on Monday. She was not strong enough for surgery but the assumption was that she had stomach cancer. I put her to sleep on Wednesday. While I stood there and held my beautiful girl, Karen was right there with me, crying just as hard. I miss my Miss Priss.

I posted pictures of the beautiful Snowshoe girl that I rescued a few weeks ago. She is a big beautiful girl, like my Kassi, but not a Miss Priss. She is still young so maybe later. But no one can ever replace my Miss Priss.

Maine Coons are just about the most laid back, loving cat out there. And they are a lot like dogs. They will follow you around the house and always want to be close. After growing up with Siamese and their attitudes, Maine Coon were a huge change - but a wonderful one.

Those boys - hope - will be a bright spot in your life for a long long time. You will remember this Christmas forever. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: