View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:44 AM
joan_quilts

Ok, last night my youngest son, Rob, who is 17, had 3 friends over. It was getting close to 11 and I asked them if they were going home. They all looked at me and asked "didn't I want them to stay?" HUH?!

It is Christmas Eve and I thought for sure they would go home to be with their families. Nope! I said they could stay, but HAD to go home this moring by 10.

Am I odd, or would you be sad that your teenaged or early 20's aged kids would rather not come home and stay some place else? These kids don't have bad home lives, they just don't have the kind of mom I am.

Even our granddaughter stayed last night and she is almost 4 months old! NOBODY would have ever kept me from having my kids with me on Christmas day! My son and his wife figured since she was sleeping last night, they would just come get her this morning.

Don't get me wrong, I love having her, but I just can't understand how they could leave her!

Oh, the strange things that go on! I devoted my life to my kids. I have given all their friends a safe place to come to. The only problem is, they don't want to leave! LOL I really don't mind, I gave them all their stockings last night, but still find it sad they don't want to go home.