View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
B_RGuest

There is an entrance to Montgomery Bell State Park in Baker's Works-but I actually never remember seeing a sign that said you were in Baker's Works-so you might have been there at some time and never knew it. ha ha.

I could not believe it when I saw the pictures of Bronners and The Bavarian Inn. That is mine and my husbands very favorite place to go in Michigan. We lived downriver in Taylor, and my mother and dad lived (my mom still lives there) in Lincoln Park. Detroit borders Lincoln Park on one side. I graduated from Lincoln Park High School, and my husband graduated from Kennedy HIgh in Taylor. When we got married we visited Frankenmuth on the last night of our honeymoon, and visited it at least once a year every year thereafter except when we lived in California during my husbands Air Force years, and since we've moved to Georgia. I miss going there. I have a very dear friend who lives in Bridgeport-10 minutes away from Frankenmuth. It's a very small world isn't it. It sounds like you do a lot of traveling. My husband and I hope to do a lot more traveling when I retire from the school. My husband injured his back and shoulder while working at Great Lakes Steel in Michigan. He worked there 30 years as a carpenter. He had to take an early retirement because he tore his rotator cuff. When he was almost recovered from that, he started having a lot of back pain from all of the years of very hard work. He ended up having to have a disc replacement because of a deteriorated disc. I don't think there is any pain worse than back pain. We love to travel, and don't even mind all of the extra stops we have to make because of his back stiffening up.

You are so right about the traffic on I-75 in Michigan and Georgia. I thought that traffic was bad when driving in Detroit. It doesn't even compare to Atlanta's traffic. We live about 30 or 40 minutes West of Atlanta, so we don't have to put up with that traffic much, but when we do have to travel to Atlanta, we try to avoid traveling during rush hour. Rush hour is very bad term to use because during those times of day, the traffic is barely moving on the freeway.

Linda