View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 03:36 PM
annyroony2

I gave quilts as gifts for the first time this year (outside my kids). They were lap quilts I made while learning to FM (and I thought they were pretty). I gave to 3 SILs and 2 nieces. I was really surprised by the reactions to these quilts. First SIL, was really excited and happy (no surprise), second SIL was happy (she is quiet), 3rd SIL took tissue off of package and put bag between couch and wall. First niece (who is in art school) pulled hers out and said "that's pretty" and put it down. Second niece was overwhelmed (this was the surprise). Her husband came to me later and whispered in my ear "You have just made Annette's day. No really you have just made Annette's day." Totally different reactions from nieces. And the 3rd SIL came to me later to thank me, I said there is also doggies quilts in that bag. That got her excited, she pulled the bag out and pulled the doggie quilts out and showed her husband, never pulling out the big quilt. But it's okay, I did it because I wanted to and that's what matters. Annette's response was enough. Will they get another quilt? Well, maybe some of them.