Old 12-25-2010, 04:06 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Talk about not a minute to spare. I made this leaf quilt for my DMIL for Christmas and just finished it up yesterday. We will see her tomorrow to gift it. Her birthday is in October so I thought fall leaves would be a good present for her and she has her house decorated in all fall colors. This is quilt #2 off my longarm. I picked maple leaves in 3 different sizes from my yard to create the maple leaf quilted design in the center of the quilt. I traced the leaves then marked the quilt with the tracing using transdoodle transfer paper and fons and porter water soluble graphite pencil in areas where I couldn't see the transdoodle transfer. The pieced smaller leaf border I did a stencil with a blue pounce pad. I SITD on the outer sawtooth border. Still need to practice that, I had a hard time staying in the ditch and I found using the ruler awkward. All markings washed out wonderfully by just doing a plain cold water wash with no soap. Then into the dryer to shrink the batting and get that wonderful puckered texture. I really like longarming and think I have a knack for it. I can't wait to finish piecing my next quilt to get on "Sportster" (the name I gave my Innova).

front of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147776[/ATTACH]

back of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147777[/ATTACH]

close up of leaf quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147778[/ATTACH]

close up of inner border stencil quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147779[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147771.jpe   attachment-147772.jpe   attachment-147773.jpe   attachment-147774.jpe