View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 04:41 PM
kit'smamma

Don't know when you posted from Western NC but it was snowing hard here in Cullowhee this Christmas morning and at about 3pm there were 6.5 inches in my yard and now at 7:30 it's still coming down. That's a crippling amount here in the mountains and it's supposed to continue into Monday! My driveway is .4mi. and very steep. It is also shaded even in winter at the steepest and sharpest curve on it. It has remained around freezing and slightly above which means some melting then freezing under the damp snow so that I'll have impassable ice for days to come. Do not buy a Prius if you live in mountains! I did go out and play with the dogs for a bit and that brightened my mood. I was undable to join friends for dinner so had a solitary one at home but did talk to daughters and grands on phone.

Despite having swept the now off my Direct TV satellite dish several hours ago but now I can't access TV. The power has been flickering so I'm headed for bed with good old XM radio and a good book.

I'll take some pictures when I get my new camera figured out. It was a Christmas gift to myself.