Old 12-25-2010, 07:21 PM
rahaube

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by mrsddh97
I dream of being able to quit my job and spending as much time as I want quilting or in pursuit of other crafts but mainly quilting. Do you think you would ever get tired and stop quilting. Or is it because I don't have the the time I want to devote to quilting that I am dreaming. Maybe if I had the time I would be wanting to do something else. I used to knit and crochet but I have almost put that totally down for quilting. I couldn't see myself ever getting tired of quilting. What about you?
I have sewed all my life; and have done all kinds, apparel, wedding gowns, home dec. and now quilting. If I "get tired" of something it is because I am tired of that particular type. It just means I am ready for a new challenge, even half square triangles :roll: :lol:
I am the same way. When my kids were young I made clothes. When my daughters got married I made their wedding gowns. When my granddaughter was a baby I made her a quilt , bumper pads , etc. then made special occasion clothes. Working full time, taking care of my home and very involved in my church left little time for quilting, painting and the crocheting, etc. Now that I am retired I do a lot of quilting, painting ,etc and there are still not enough hours int the day. I don't think I will ever get tired of making quilts, especially the tops, it is a challenge and I love seeing them come together.