View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 AM
PrettyKitty

Hi Everyone, me and my Mom had a lovely day today at the Quilt Show at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern. My Mom had never been to a quilt show before (its only my second one!) and she loved all the quilts on show, and all the stands selling fabric. It wasn’t a huge show, so we were only there a couple of hours. I bought some nice fabrics, some FQ’s for my secret santa recipient, a new blade for my rotary cutter, and a marking pencil, so I am quite pleased with my restraint, it is the end of my pay month so I couldn’t spend much!

The quilts on show had a very British feel, with lots based around English flowers and countryside scenes. My Mom’s favourite was a big poppy one, it doesn’t show on the pic below, but the inner petals of the poppy, and the black centre, were in 3D. My favourite was an Autumn scene with beautiful appliqué leaves, and woodland animals done in the quilting stitching that were ‘hidden’ in the wood.

Afterwards we drove to the lovely village of Upton on Severn and had Sunday Lunch in a cosy pub called The Little Upton Muggery. YUM!

I have put pics of our favourite quilts below, the rest are on my Flickr site…enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryelizajade/

Hidden Treasures
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21454[/ATTACH]

close up of the applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21455[/ATTACH]

An owl stitched into the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21456[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-21454.jpe   attachment-21455.jpe   attachment-21456.jpe