Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 AM
sewmom

My daughters went together and got us a panoramic photo of the Mackinac Bridge and gift card towards framing to hag in our lake home. My DS and DIL sent me a Fossil watch and purse(DS just got hired at Fossil), plus we Skyped with them to wish them a Merry Christmas. My DH got me some books, movies and a couple of puzzles. Then he said he had one more that he couldn't wrap. When everyone was here, he told me to close my eyes. He brought out a deluxe carrying case on wheels for a sewing machine. I'm thinking...OK when do I ever take my 9000 anywhere? It's too heavy. Then he brings out 2 gifts that are wrapped. the first was a hoop for the 11000. I'm thinking..what good is this-it won't fit. He says" they told me it would work on your machine. I said I don't think so. then i open a digitizer program. I'm so totally confused. and disappointed. I had been teasing him about getting me an 11000 b/c my 9000 is 15 yrs. old.I had told him-one stop shopping at the Janome dealer, one gift to wrap,etc. He told me not at this time and I'm OK with that, really. well in the midst of my confusion/disappointment, he disappeared to get "one more thing" I suddenly realised that he bought me the 11000 for Christmas!!! I burst into tears-in front of everybody! My DGS said why are you crying Grandma- are you mad at Grandpa? DD explained that sometimes people cry when they're happy too. DH came out of the other room with the box and I'm bawling my head off! Later i asked him what made him decide tobuy it now and he said it was because he knew how much i loved to sew. what a sweetie! My SIL, looked at my MIL and said maybe now we'll get a quilt! How insensitive! BTW, I made my DH a quilt for Christmas this year which he loved.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147900.jpe