Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 AM
DonnaRae

Yep, I agree that the easier way to do this is fold your fabric in quarters and fold your flat yoyo (circle) in quarters. Then all you have to do is center the flat yoyo (circle) folding lines on the fabric folding lines and it will be center every time. No need for two rulers for centering, no need for even one ruler. So either way to make the Drunkard's Path Block Rhonda's or Bobby's can be done like this. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Bobby
Hi< I use an even quicker and easier way to make a Drunkards Path. I draw a circle on a used dryer sheet with a plastic lid or something, whatever seize you want to make it . Don't cut the circle out yet . Place the dryer sheet on a piece of fabric on the right side, sew on the circle line all around . trim close to stitching, make a slit in the dryer sheet center and turn.Press .Place center of circle in center of a square ( 8 or 10 inches?)I find the center by folding square and circle into four and stick a pin in to match centers. Sew all around circle.(buttohole stitch) than cut horizontal and vertical through center and you have 4 pieces to make different patterns.
See website of Mary Lou Weidman .Have fun! Bobby