View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
justflyingin

I wanted to say that we had some ladies made us some double knit quilt tops for me to use in charity quilts. I will finish them and offer them as a give-away.

As much as it might sound strange to you, when I had what I thought was an awful, blue, double-knit quilt, someone took it! Willingly. They wanted it. It was heavy and warm and met their need.

So, maybe some of you could find some good charity project and make some simple patchwork (two colors) or teach a granddaughter how to make a simple round the world quilt and then donate them to charity. You could vow to do several this year with fabric that you don't care for anymore...to someone else that fabric would be fantastic.

One year I made a simple green/brown (4" squares--every other square was green and then brown) and it was very pretty. It was scrappy and used a variety of my leftover fabrics. It is an idea--super simple and quick to sew together.

Just a heads up. They don't have to be works of art to give away to the needy. They just need to be finished. :)

My point is that you could do some serious stash-busting this way. This would be far better than seeing your precious fabric go for 25cents a piece at an estate sale.