Old 12-27-2010, 02:39 AM
lalaland

My SIL has been mad at us for about 5 yrs. We haven't spent Christmas or Thanksgiving with them in all this time - she makes sure they have other commitments that don't include us - she never answers the phone when we call, and so on and so forth. Since it's only my brother and me, we see each other frequently, but that came to an abrupt halt. Where his wife is concerned, my brother doesn't rock the boat, he prefers peace at any cost to conflict, so our relationship has suffered as a result.

My DH and SIL were raised together so my DH totally understands. My DH and I just got caught in the middle of her family feud and although we were managing to keep ourselves out of the mainstream, my poor DH let something slip in an innocent conversation with "outsted" family members and suddenly we were in the dog house.

Well, when I called a few days ago my SIL answered the phone!! And my Xmas gift from her was a basket she had woven herself - believe me, she weaves astonishing baskets and her quilts are works of art so to get something made by her is a major treat. I almost fell off my chair!! I'm so happy!! My DH tells me it's little steps with her so I will step lightly, but we already have plans to visit them in February for their grandson's cub to boy scout celebration.

So color me freakin' happy this holiday season!