View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 AM
meesabell

I'm looking forward to this brand new year as I've just started quilting this week! I did do a BOM from JA once, but I don't think that quite counts as it is just the top of one block. That block has been hanging in my craft room for the past 2 years, me admiring it all the while. I always said that quilting would be my hobby when I retire. I'm not sure what I was thinking since I will not be retiring for another twenty years or so! I've been garment sewing, out of necessity, for the past 2 years. There is something so organized and linear about quilting, it seems like a great way of creative therapy.

I started Quilter's Academy Vol. 1--Freshman Year: A Skill-Building Course in Quiltmaking by Harriet and Carrie Hargrave. I've started with the first quilt in the book, which will hopefully be finished for my nephew's birthday in January. The focus fabric is lizards of different colors on a muted lime-green background.

I think I may join the BOM with houses starting here in January. I adore houses!

I'm excited to be here and look forward to "threading" with you!