View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Texasjunebug

Originally Posted by quilter in the making
Right now she's thinking she wants Winnie the Pooh for the nursery, but she's only known she's pregnant for a week. She hasn't even started looking at baby things yet so I think she may change her mind when she sees all the cute themes there are now. They've decided they are not going to find out the sex of the baby until it's born so I definitely can't do either blue or pink. I do machine embroidery and will be doing a Pooh quilt with embroidered squares, but I also want to do a generic baby quilt to give to her soon as a congratulations quilt. I'm so excited! Thanks for letting me share with all of you.
One thing you might want to do is create art quilts also (in addition to the traditional patterns). When my first grandbaby was born (happened to be a girl) I had chosen a variety of fabric designs in the natural range (from natural, beige, tan, light browns, and from tiny flowers, lines, dots, lattice, and plaid). I designed a scene of different animal appliques, placed on the "ground" under trees, and quilted the sunshine and rays. Of all the ones I made, this was her favorite for years and I still see it occasionally draped across the foot of her bed, and she's now 14!