Thread: Ring or No Ring
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Lynneander

Originally Posted by shopbelt
Originally Posted by Lynneander
Originally Posted by shopbelt
This is only the center strip. You guys may not like the rest of the quilt. It's a "Hippie Patchwork" quilt... In other words, lots of colors and the whole thing (including what you see here) is in corduroy. It is quite different, and not what I would pick for myself. In fact, I'm not sure if I will even post the finished product.

It's a belated Christmas present for my sweet little hippie daughter who blows glass for a living and lives in Asheville, NC (hippie town, USA). She didn't want me to send a gift, so I told her I would do this for her instead since they need the warmth up there. (19" of snow)
What's not to like? This quilt is a gift from your heart to your daughter. There isn't anything more special than sharing of yourself with someone you love and cherish.

So Sweet of you to say! Well, ok, here is one of the side panels... It's wild, I know!
It's perfect ... the colors are vibrant, probably much like your daughter. The fabrics are most like life ... rough and smooth, adding excitement and interest. Your daughter will love it!