Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I just sold my parlor treadle like this one. I have had about 4 (I think) Singer parlor treadles, but haven't bought the RIGHT one yet. I'll know it when I get it home!!
I'm nosey ... do you mind saying what you're looking for that you didn't find in the other treadles?
Kind of a long meandering story, but:
I would like to have Drawing Room Cabinet #22, with it's decoration intact. I had a #22, in fair condition, but missing one door. Then I found a modern variation of #21, in walnut, but missing the wheel and treadle. My plan was to put them together, but I never got around to it, so sold them both to another collector who gets far more done than I do!! Then I bought another plain modern one (by modern I mean no elevator; the top flips up and machine comes up like most "modern" cabinets), in nearly perfect condition, which I still have. Then I bought the #21 in oak. It's a nice enough cabinet (the top was ruined by a plant at some point--very common on these things, and the fly wheel rubs slightly), but one day I realized it's not the one I want, and if I happen to find it, I won't have room for it--so I sold it as well. (I have been selling a few machines lately, as I finally realized I don't have enough room for my family. :mrgreen:
So, I'm looking for #22, in decent condition, for a decent price. Good luck to me!!