View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 PM
alimaui

Originally Posted by bodie358
Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by bodie358
Not to add flames to the fire here - but, you cannot leave any feedback for a seller unless you have committed to buy an item from them by pressing the BIN button (or are the winning bidder for an item). Also, the seller cannot leave negative feedback for ANY buyer - no matter the circumstances.
Another "enhancement" by TPTB at eBay. :roll:
The main reason I no longer sell on eBay - I don't want to be held hostage by a bidder.
I suppose the hostage thing can be a huge problem, but I hate feeling afraid to leave honest to goodness negative feedback, because of fear of retaliation.

Case in point-- I ordered an item from a seller. The seller's description says
"Will ship within three days." The seller shipped a week later.

The seller actually emailed me and asked me to leave feedback for her, When I explained that I wasn't planning to leave ANY feedback, because I was unhappy with her shipping timeframe, The seller told me that I those things happen on ebay, and for me to expect shipping in three days was unreasonable. SO I left NEUTRAL feedback, that just says seller shipped a week later.

Seller left me "neutral feedback" saying that I was impatient and not to do business with.

I am sure the seller has plenty of recourse with ebay if the buyer is trying to extort, but aside from that very small exception, what else could possibly go wrong for a seller that they would need to leave negative feedback? If the seller gets paid within three days then the buyer has completed their end of the deal. If the buyer does not complete, then they get a strike. Easy as that.