View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Sloan Quinn

Well, I just woke up to my littlest little bear throwing up all over his bed...he did a number on it. So I got him cleaned up, got the sheets (and the stuffed puppy) in the wash, moved him and his brother, who shares the room and therefore the smell, into the guest room, and was just getting ready to tuck them back in when the older one (Nic) starts to ask something "on behalf of" his brother. Now this has always bothered me, because they do it the other way around too, so I told Colton to ask me himself.

I was not expecting him to ask for PERMISSION to run to the bathroom if he had to throw up again! The poor boy thought we would be mad if he left his room to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Now, these kids have been traumatized in the last couple of years by the still fairly recent (in the grand scheme of things) divorce of their daddy (my DH) and mommy (who is pretty crazy, all things considered). DH's ex-wife basically tried to make him into a giant evil bogeyman that does nothing but drink, yell, and beat little children. (For the record, he does not drink around the kids, yell NEARLY as much as she tries to say he does, and I have never seen him so much as swat the hand of either of those boys. The most physical I've ever seen him get was to push the younger one out of the way of his size 13 workboot when the young one ran into Daddy's legs.) I had thought we were over that - the ex-wife seemed to be behaving, while not reasonable, at least not in a villifying manner towards DH, and the boys always seem very happy to come to our house and spend time with me and their Daddy. And now this.

Please, has anyone else ever seen this? I don't understand how things could get to the point of a child throwing up in his bed when he could have made it to the bathroom (and I asked - Colton said he would have made it.)

Did we do something wrong? And how oh how can we fix it?