View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 04:16 AM
ScrappyCat

Originally Posted by ftkls501
I am no longer going to make pureses for family I worked soooo hard getting every one a purse to only have them not like them. They were like oh ths is what you got us? It is not what i expected exspeacially after working so hard but one thing i have learned it is not their thing. I felt like i worked for nothing. I wish they could know how much work and love went into them.
Oh Dear...Last Christmas I did the same thing making quilted and hand embroidered totes for each lady or girl in my family...about 17!!! Most did not appreciate them at all, and two of them left them behind, and when I asked them about why they didn't take them, they denigned not taking them, but I had them....so I decided I'd keep them for myself since I hadn't made any for myself! I just could not believe they didn't appreciate atleast my efforts! Even a couple of my granddaughters acted like they were dumb. They were beautiful! The funny thing is that several of the men in my family were actually upset I had not made them one...and they meant it! Go figure!!!