Old 12-28-2010, 07:09 AM
deema

I give quilts to people I know will use them. I pick a pattern and fabrics that I know they will like. I don't expect them to be over the moon about it (but it sure does my heart good when they are, lol).

This year, my mom and my MIL got quilts from me. They both cried because they loved them. They both knew how much time and work I put into them. They both were thrilled with my fabric choices. I know my mom and my MIL and what they would like. I was right.

I wanted to do quilts for my FIL and step dad...but I just couldn't think of something that would SUIT them. My step father and FIL are both artists in their own right. My step father paints, my FIL does wood work - I have stunning work in my home from both of them. I know they will both appreciate a quilt from me - because of the thought and the work put in...they "get it"...but I couldn't decide on fabrics and what not. Over Christmas this year, it clicked, I knew what to make for each of them. They'll get them next Christmas...they will love them, I know this. If I didn't think they would "get it", appreciate it, or that a quilt would suit them, I wouldn't make one. That's why I didn't make one for my BIL, and probably won't.