View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 08:50 AM
IrishNY

Originally Posted by rivka
I finally came to a realization just recently -- I don't have the time or the patience to do really complicated quilting. I let my last quilt just sit there for several months because I was feeling so despondent that I couldn't do really detailed and fancy work. I finally kicked myself in the behind, and told myself to accept me as I am ;) I do pantographs, and that's about it -- no freeform or anything fancy, and I've learned to accept that. I make functional quilts with basic quilting, and that's good enough for me at this point.
I'm with Rivka. I just don't care enough to spend lots of time practicing to be really good. I love to piece, to pick out colors, fabrics and create something new. The longarm is because I can't afford to keep sending out all the tops now that I have time to sew more of them than I used to. It lets me make the tops into something functional but that's really all I care about.

Maybe someday when I have more time I will be willing to put the practice into quilting but not now.