View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Kryssa

Yay I'm so happy. I couple of months ago I took a class on machine quilting because my FMQ never looked right. I've still been too scared to use it on a quilt because I work so hard piecing that I was worried I'd hate the quilting and it would ruin the quilt.

So on Saturday I finished a top for my GFIL, who broke his leg and has to stay at a rehab place until it heals because he lives alone so I made him a quilt, and I figured this was a good time to go for it because it's a small simple quilt (D9P, about 45"x60") and he can't really see well anyway so the quilting isn't as important LOL

Anyway, it came our really well for a first time. My biggest problem is tension. Sometimes it's not right on the front, sometimes not right on the back. So it's not like I have to turn the tension dial- it's something with my quilting. I think I have to maintain a more even spead. I did beige on the front and blue on the back so sometimes you see a bit of blue on the front and beige on the back. But the meandering came out pretty well :)