View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
craftyone27

Had three very special gifts this year. The first was a shopping day with my mom,my 17 y/o DD and my 17 y/o niece. We were supposed to have two other nieces along but they couldn't get the day off-planning ahead for next year so we can have the whole bunch together The second was that my oldest brothers 23 y/o daughter told me all she wanted for Christmas was for me to teach her to knit/crochet/and quilt. A very pleasant surprise as I really didn't think any of the younger family members had any interest in my hobbies! I definitely see a quilt in her future! The third of my best list was a surprise form my 19 y/o niece. She is a very modern stylish girl and not the type you would expect to like crafty things. I had started a baby quilt for her and never finished because I went back to school and then had kids of my own. I have kept it all these years, unsure what to do with it. I finally decided to show it to her and ask her if she wanted it - letting her know it would not hurt my feelings if she didn't want it, that I could donate it to charity. She saw it and was just thrilled - she wants me to finish it so she can have it for her own baby one day- hopefully far in the future-LOL! All these experiences made for a very Merry Christmas!! They meant much more than any material gift ever could!