Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Well, you guys remember my Davis Vertical Feed pre 1900 machine - I think it is around 1989 -- I ordered and paid for two books off the internet and have received neither. I ordered the first book over a month ago, thought maybe I didn't order it, ordered it again! I went back and checked Paypal and yes I ordered the same book twice from the same shop. I think I got rooked, I have sent a few e-mails and can't get a response. Anyway, I still don't have the right book for my machine. I did print one from ISMACS, but it is for the Davis High Arm Vertical Feed, which is slightly different from my Davis.
I managed to get a few Boye #10 needles to try. I still don't have the Davis working! It will move freely and feed the fabric, but will not sew.

I think my Davis is a really neat machine because of the fact that it does not have feed dogs, but not much good to me if I can't get it to sew!

Quiltaddict to you still want this machine?

Nancy
Nancy,

Before you give up on this machine, you should try to contact Annie from Damascus Annie. She owns a Davis Vertical Feed (that is where I learned about this machine as well as the Two Spools). She may be of some help or have a copy of a manual for you. Here is the site that has the machines (somewhere on this site may be a contact info):http://www.antiquequiltdating.com/no...ewmachine.html