View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
KarylMc

I got a Husqvarna Viking Ruby in October and just finished my first quilt done with quilt block designs hooped on the embroidery arm. I put the top together, pinned it all, began at the middle quilt square and quilted 99 blocks and 26 more border/corner motif designs. Total of 125 individually hooped and quilted designs. Was a lot of fun and turned out well. I used 4 different designs and got them from some HV quilt designs.
I have posted some close ups of the quilting. I didn't stitch around the blocks, as I wanted the back of the quilt to have the pretty designs without "blocks" of stitches around them.
The quilt was for a friend getting married...she is from the Texas Hill Country and the quilt fabrics (except for the white-on-white) were from the Moda Hill Country Spring collection.

It was great fun and I will do more like this.
I did just get a design cd from my HV dealer called "Flower Pot Quilts" that has some lovely flower quilting embroidered designs.

I am very new to quilting (this is only my second quilt ever) and can't reaally compete with some of the previous posts' intricacies in design, but it is much fun, anyway. :-)

machine quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149162[/ATTACH]

one design, back of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149163[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-149157.jpe   attachment-149158.jpe   attachment-149159.jpe   attachment-149161.jpe   attachment-149166.jpe