Old 12-28-2010, 04:48 PM
pjustice63

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by kakels
Just curious. Why not use poly/cotton? What happens to the quilt when you use it?
Nothing happens. The all cotton fabric is just softer and doesn't seen to have as much stretch as the poly/cotton. Don't get me wrong but I just couldn't believe I said that to her. First off I was shocked when she tapped my shoulder and asked me if I was a quilter and then wanted advice on fabrics. That was first time anyone ever asked me that in wm and then when I said what I said I walked off thinking have I become a cotton snob. I buy 99% of my fab's at wm.
I made two quilts about 25 years ago. One was 100% cotton and the other had ply/cotton blend in it. The 100 % cotton looks the same today, just a little faded. The one with poly/cotton -you can see through the poly/cotton after being washed so many times. My son brought the quilt back to me and wanted to know if there was anything I could do about it. For a baby quilt it is fine but for a bed quilt that will be washed and used for years, go for the cotton.