View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 PM
VernaL

This has happened to me too. Fortunately my granddaughter lover her quilt. Years ago, I made a beautiful Christmas tree skirt for my daughter and her family. I put a lot of work into it. Later, I saw one of the grandkids wearing it around her neck and playing with it. My daughter told me that she had changed her holiday decorating colors and it didn't fit in. At the time, I was hurt. But, I asked if I could have it back. So now I just lover having it around my gree and with perspective, I understand her feelings. She is her own person and she does like homemade, but she has her own home and her own ideas. I have had to learn to respect that. I should have learned it earlier instead of assuming what I liked, she would like. I also realize that if someone gives me something green or blue that is homemade, I will love it, but if I get something in Autumn colors, I am just going to use it. Everyone is different. This year I made 10 Christmas aprons for those I knew would like them. 3 other loved ones would never have worn them and they got store bought items. All seemed happy.