View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:20 PM
BKrenning

In order to get the dual feed--you'll want to look at the Brother 1500 or Pfaff Grand Hobby Quilter. The Juki 98 doesn't have it--not sure if the new one does.

I forgot to mention the new Janome Horizon (aka 7700) in my previous post. It has an 11" throat, I believe, and was selling for just under $2,000 when I saw it in April. It does a lot more than just straight stitch, though.

I also seem to recall that the Viking/Husky Sapphire has a longer throat and Bernina also released a big one within the last year or so.

I have an Elna 7200, very similar to a Janome MC6500, which is just shy of a 9" throat plus it has a bunch of fancy stitches. I used it on the frame with no problem for the last 5 years until I found a bargain mid-arm.

Originally Posted by Maia B
Juki 98 or new 2010Q, brother 1500 Nouvelle. I want a machine like this with a large throat, dual feed (IDT), and straight stitch only, and of course feed dog drop for FMQ. I haven't actually FMQ yet, but God willing, I'm gonna. I have a Babylock Quest Plus, which does all that, but I love the perfect stitch you can only get from straight stitchers. Plus, I've got SMAD ( sewing machine addiction disorder). It's real.