Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 AM
jad1044

I did a log cabin quilt in the autumn colors since their wedding was in October. Their main color in their wedding was sienna - a rust red, so a lot of that was in the quilt, and I embroidered the tag on the backside with my embroidery machine as a lasting memory of who made it - quilted it, etc. and their wedding date - so it was a personalized quilt using their wedding colors and made with lots of love to the happy new couple - they are expecting their first baby now 2 years later - and his room (yes, it is a boy!) will be in airplanes and hot air balloons, so plan to do some machine embroidery on things for in his room - like maybe on his hood of the hooded towel ensemble I plan to make for him - or on the corner of his receiving blankets I got for him - and yes, I'm helping them out with a mini-layette plus a handmade cradle made by our local Amish furniture making man! and will be his first bed.

Both mom and dad lost their jobs within months of one another and dad is going back to college to get his CPA degree and mom will be a stay at home mom for a little while after he is born at least - so a little loving help from auntie here - just to get them over a rough time - and give this little guy a great start in life.