View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 AM
mhansen6

I learned this lesson big time this Christmas. My daughter and son-in-law are University of Oregon graduates. The Ducks are going to the BCS Championship bowl this year. It is the first time and my daughter and son-in-law are over the moon excited. So I decided to make them a U of O quilt for Christmas. My husband helped me design it. I worked for a long time on it. I backed it in U of O polar fleece, my daughter loves to snuggle up in polar fleece. When my daughter opened the package she looked at the quilt and just threw it on the couch. Never even commented on the quilt. The next morning I found it in the corner and the cats were sleeping on it. I have made her several quilts over the years and this always happens. You would think I would learn. My husband hit it when he said she is just not into homemade things.

Well now we are back from Christmas I am going back to my Quilts for Kids and when those are done I am going to make a quilt for soldiers coming home. I know these quilts will be appreciated. I will not make a quilt for my daughter again. She just doesn't appreciate it. It takes up way too much timel