View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:47 AM
sahm4605

I have given many gifts not of a homemade persuasion and the three young family members who received them were quite rude about it. it is how they are being raised. They didn't even say thank you they just wined that it was cloths or books or some toy they don't like. The eldest even said I hate this to one gift when he was about 10. I don't blame their rudeness on them, but on their mom who spoils them rotten and doesn't teach them how to be thankful that someone thought enough of them to get them something. Its this I wanna haveta have it now mentality that the younger generations have. We just have to be patient with them and teach our children and grandchildren that even if we don't like something we just have to say thank you very much for the gift and move on, with out throwing it in the corner in front of them. this was actually the first christmas that these three boys were actually grateful for anything that they got. (don't get me wrong I love them dearly, and I love their mom dearly also, I just think that mommy needed to teach them more manners and it isn't all about them.) With this said I will hop off the soap box and not say another word on this subject.