Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose
Thank you for the responses. I'll let it go. I don't need it, though I may look at it later when I get a new car just for the desk. I totaled my car Monday. Kind of puts a cramp in my mobility.
My 1974 Elna sews perfectly, my 1952 Singer 128 will sew well after a cleaning and the 1960ish Kenmore buried in the sewing room sewed okay with a few tension problems when she was my only machine.
I reallly want a 1950s White, not another Singer.
Geeze, I hope no one was hurt when you totaled your car!

I just ran into a gal in the repair shop with a Touch and Sew. I don't know the year of her Touch and Sew, but she had been using it since high school. She looked to be in her late 40's early 50's. She brought it into the repair shop because it had no feed dogs! The feed dogs were plastic and had completely worn off! I didn't even know Singer made machines with plastic feed dogs! Anyway, she wanted it fixed. The repair guy wanted to sell her a new machine, but she loved that Touch and Sew so she wanted it fixed. She talked the repair guy into fixing her machine so she left it with him -- I don't know if the new feed dogs will be plastic or metal?

I am so glad I ran into this lady as now I know what 'not' to buy when I find vintage machines!

Nancy