View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Qbee

Oh my goodness you are going to be BUSY with your daughter's wedding this Spring! I will enjoy seeing your preperations! Congrats to your husband on his accomplishments! I do know about Ironman as we have one here in the Louisville area and the bikers ride right by the house :D
So....I am 45 years old and mom to 3. My oldest is my 24 year old stepdaughter who lives in Texas. She graduated from University of Texas in '09 and LOVES Austin. My son is 20 and is in his 2nd year at Murray State University here in KY majoring in Music Education; he plays trumpet. My "baby" girl will be 18 in February and will graduate from High School this year and then will be off to the University of Kentucky :( So...come June, I will be an empty nester :( I started quilting this past July when my father passed away as a way to fill the time that had been spent caring for him. I lost my mom about 3 weeks ago so 2010 was NOT a great year for me. Thankfully, quilting and the folks on this board have been a huge comfort for me.
Now...on the fun stuff! I am super excited about this Row Robin!! I really think it is going to be SUPER fun!! My theme is "Spring". I'm hoping it will be filled with flowers, bees, butterflys, birds, birdhouses, ladies in bonnets, or whatever makes you think of Spring. For newbies like me, plane ole blocks in Spring colors are great.
I guess we need to think of a name for our litte Group #6. Hmmmm.....there are 5 of us in the group....Nancy in Louisiana, FQ Stash Queen, TF Quilter, Pamesue and me Qbee. I tried to come up with something with our names but couldn't think of anything...N L F T P Q...."Nice Ladies Finish their Pieces Quick"...LOL :D Bit too long. Here are a couple of ideas that came to me but ya'll will surely come up with something much more fun:
"Sassy Six"
"Six Easy Pieces"
I guess that's all I got for now :D Let the fun begin!