View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:42 AM
scrappylouisa

Hi!! I'm Shirley (scrappylouisa) and I live with my husband, Rich in beautiful Southern Oregon. We have no children.....we do have 1 very spoilt furbaby, Misty. She is part Siamese and is 14 months old.

I've been sewing since I was about 3 years old. My Granny gave me a large needle threaded, material and buttons to sew with while she quilted and made clothes for the family. I went to Quilting Bee's with Granny at her church. Lots of laughs!!! I would quilt with my Granny and Great-Aunt Della while they were quilting. I miss those days. Granny died in 1993. I was the only grandchild that wanted her sewing and quilting treasures. I enjoy just sitting and sifting my hands through the Button Jar that was Granny's. It brings me comfort when I'm missing her so much.

I just finished hand-stitching a Nine-Patch Quilt top. That was Granny's favorite pattern. I need to get it in the frame and finish it soon. I'm not going to quilt it.........just tie it out.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and receiving many tips from everyone.

Shirley