View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 03:20 PM
katesnanna

Further to yesterdays post:- I've been thinking of all the quilting sisters(and maybe brothers too) who are feeling down or can't get motivated.
I have times when I can't get motivated (sometimes a couple of months) and do understand where you are all coming from but on giving it some thought I think we sometimes put too many demands on ourselves and our quilting.
Most of us on here, I think, quilt for the love of it. A lot of us, me included, have stashes that we will never use up in one lifetime of quilting. Hence we turn what started out as a hobby and a pleasure into something more demanding.
I used to worry about not using it all before I die but have given DD & DH instruction of what to do with it and now realize I don't need to worry because I won't be here. That's solved that. Now I can quilt or not quilt as I choose.
When I can't get motivated I move on to something else, knitting, reading,embroidery, visiting friends. Although I have been retired for 8 1/2 years I still have to remind myself that it is alright to simply sit & do nothing, "no guilt/quilt required". {Have you ever noticed there is only the tail of one letter difference between guilt & quilt}.
Eventually my machines call me back. If I start some machine embroidery it doesn't take long for the motivation for a new quilt to arrive.
Anyway I hope everyone is feeling better today. Life is just returning to normal. As John Lennon so aptly sang "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans".
I wish everyone a wonderful day.
Smiles
Jude