View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
oatw13

Originally Posted by BMP
I have a front loader (HATE it) mine does not have a soak if I want to soak anything I have to pause it and set a timer to remind me to go and turn it back on to finish the cycle. If I have to ever buy another machine I will go back to a top loader.
We have a top loader HE washer. It also does not soak like a traditional washer. When it was installed, the appliance repair guy told us that they will no longer be manufacturing the old style washers after the first of the year. The new "water saving" machines will be the only ones made. If you want the old style, buy one quick! lol

He said the number one complaint for the HE machines is that you cannot soak and that the tub doesn't fill with water.

Our machine does have a soak option but it doesn't fill with water and you cannot stop it in the soak cycle to let it sit overnight. It is only about 10 minutes and it just sprays water on the clothes and lets it sit. I am not a fan. But, it works and our last one broke. lol So, I like it because it works.