Thread: Facebook????
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Shari1967

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I'm not at all happy about all these people having access to my email address book, and don't quite know how to get out of it. I'll have to ask my son or one of the teens in the family~~
You have to go in and adjust your privacy and security settings. Any teen in the family should be able to help you out.

I have mine set so that people can find me but they can't see much (or so it should be) - just enough to figure out that it's me. I did that because I've actually reconnected with several high school classmates after 25 years - that has been kind of a cool aspect of it.
I do get friends of friends requesting friendship and I basically check out their page or see if we have more friends in common (being a Navy wife this actually happens a lot to me) I do not "friend" anyone I do not know or that I do not have mutual friends with unless I do actually know them in real life.
I am actually in touch with and "chat" with family I haven't talked to in years - cousins and extended family. It really is nice to be able to reconnect with so many friends from over the years and family that live in other parts of the country (and world!)

the games are extremely addicting. One of my 2011 "goals" is going to be to cut back on my FB and computer time in general. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. ;-)