View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
akrogirl

We had a brand new stove that the previous owner of our house had installed prior to putting the house on the market. We replaced it immediately, without even turning it on, because we were used to having double ovens. Last month, I asked friends if they knew of anyone who needed a new stove, but who couldn't afford one, and the stove now has a new home where it will be used and appreciated.

We have also given away a couple of my old cars in the past to friends who needed transportation - I tend to keep my cars until forced to part with them ;-)

We also bought several bags of food for needy families through our local grocery store and sponsored a family for Thanksgiving dinner at our barn.

It's not that we are wealthy, but we are fortunate to be better off than many in this dreadful economy. Back in the 80's, I was one of those suffering and had good friends who helped me survive the tough times. Unfortunately, my new medical bills will be limiting our activities somewhat this coming year.