Old 12-29-2010, 07:34 PM
marlene tarzwell

Always stay at home.Safer that way. When we were stationed in Germany for 9 years, we stayed home too and I got to babysit many children. I had them lined up in our living room with sleeping bags,popcorn, and movies. I always had the parents pick up the children[sometimes 10 kids-with the help of hubby and our daughter] the next morning at a certain time, at no extra charge. Hated to have them go out in the cold and with some parents that had been drinking. We always had a ball. Some times we all even got to see out our windows in Military housing and watch many fire works down in the little German town. They really celebrate New Years.I still get to keep in touch with about 8 of the families.The kids are now in their late 20's and early 30's.Those were the good ole days and I really miss them. Now my hubby and I just sit and watch movies and sometime get to have out GS from NC here. He is only 60 miles from us. He is now 12 yrs old. They grow so fast. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! BE SAFE!!!