View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
LeeAnn

I'm currently caring for my precious MIL who is in advanced stages of Alzhiemers. She is 81 and the most incredible lady I've ever known. She never complains and always has a smile. I care for her 3 days per week and know that 3 will soon turn to 5 or more. She asks the same questions repeatedly and has problems finding her way around in her own home. She is unable to bath herself but she still feeds herself. She loves to watch me sew or crochet and comments over and over how lovely it is, even though she has lost most her vision. She occasionally threatens me with a switch if I don't sit next to her and sew. My FIL is 86 and also suffers from Alzhiemers, his isn't advanced as hers. I want to know if you have been in this situation and what has worked for you and your patient or family member. Tips or hints that might make her life easier.

I guess my question is what are the last stages and what can I expect? If you've been through this with a loved one what was it like for you? Thanks in advance for all replies.