Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 PM
KonaLinda

Perhaps you have soldiers in the family? Are you near any of the Texas bases? I have a son who was in Afghanistan and a daughter with the MN Nat'l Guard. Sadly most folks are not affected by the war unless they have family or friends involved. Life just goes on as usual. Folks like you are so special and appreciated.

Originally Posted by beautress
Originally Posted by KonaLinda
Beautiful quilts and thank you for helping the soldiers.
Thanks, KonaLinda. We sent 34 that I quilted, a lady at my church donated one to us for the Purple Heart Soldiers Quilt project we did, and one of the helpers brought a finished wounded wheelchair soldier quilt. My shop in Wyoming donated batting and backings for all the others, and I did the quilting while others ran the store's day-to-day works.

It took 4 years to do the designing and work, but that's not near the gift one soldier gives us all when he lays down his life and future health for the good of defending our nation's people from predators.

In Wyoming, I figured it was so cold we'd make them full bed quilts, and a lot of them measured over 100" long. I used queen sized cotton batting and my shop longarm, which I greatly miss.