View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
M.I.Late

I see that a few of us received new embroidery machines... There are so many of you using them or something similar - can anyone help with a few things?

My first question:

I used a 4 x 4 hoop to put a hot rod on DH's T-Shirt. That part went well with a couple of exceptions.
In one area on the hood the embroidery just poofed up a little in two consecutive rows. Just a random thing?
Then the final black outline didn't line up very well, looked like the machine slipped some during the quilting steps. So the final outline is off like an eighth or so - clearly visible...
(This design was downloaded from a CD by DesignsBySick.com)
Do you think this was just a fluke or does this just happen from time to time. Are some designs just poor? Are some design programs better than others? I would not be able to sell it or anything - it's pretty obvious.

My next question:

He asked me to put "Phils Hot Rods" on it as well. "Phils" above the car and "Hot Rods" below the car.

First problem: I couldn't find a "Space" key in the built in lettering so I could put "Hot Rods" in all at once. So I had to do them separately which was a nightmare to re-align. Is there a key to insert a space that I just didn't see?

Also, Does the machine always line up center/center or is there a way to have it line up where you want the top or bottom of the letter or word to begin? Like far left rather than the middle?
Or do I just need to get used to is aligning everything at center/center?

I sure would appreciate any help with this. There is very little info available out there. Seems like some of this stuff should have been included in a booklet accompanying the machine for the amount of money they get for these babies...

BTW - I am totally in love with this machine!!!