Thread: OBW Fish Tales
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Katrine

Originally Posted by woody
Originally Posted by katrine
[Well done Woody - like what you've done with this. Lots of interest in the blocks from that fabric. How are you going to quilt it?
And have fun making the interlocking cubes one too - please let me know how you get on....they are fascinating to do.
Thanks Katrine, I think I will just SITD around each hexagon and I was thinking of just running a line about a 1/4" inside each black triangle.
I am still a beginner (I have only been at this for about 18 months) so all suggestions welcome.

I have enrolled in a FMQ class with Helen Godden (http://www.helengodden.com/) in late January so I might wait until I have done that and had some practice.

The interlocking cubes are nearly done, they sure are different to do as each piece looks strange until you put them all together.
Good idea Woody - I don't do any fancy quilting in the body of an OBW either - I prefer the design to dominate. If there are cubes I do SID on the seam lines of them. Then I do a meander on the blocks, but usually with a matching Masterpiece, or Bottom Line, so it hardly shows. Because the fine threads are difficult to see, occasionally I have quilted from the back (once the cubes are SID so I can leave them clear) and found it much easier. I try to do some fmq in the borders which has something to do with the fabric or theme, but sometimes a plain border is better.
And yes dont those triangles for the big cubes look weird:lol:
It's only when you have all the bits up you can "see" it! When I did Ice Follies I spent alot of time walking around with my "plan" in my hand!